Write a text for our Erasmus+ Story Competition, and find an international readership at our Erasmus+ partner schools in Anglet, Madrid, Trondheim and Groß-Umstadt.
Attractive prizes, fame and glory are waiting for those who make it into the top 3 stories in each country. Your story will be published on our project website and could even be chosen as a starting point for a film for our upcoming film competition in spring 2017.
This is what you have to do:
Write a piece* about life in the near future (+/- 50-150 years) as you imagine it if
- we continue to live as wastefully as we do now OR
- we change our lifestyle in certain aspects and live more sustainably
It can also be a mix of both. The guiding question should be:
Can our planet and humanity be saved by the choices we make in our everyday lives or is the world as we know it doomed? An episode from the life of a/some fictitious character(s) should give us an idea of what life in the future might be like…
You can concentrate on one or a few facets of a (non-)sustainable lifestyle: e.g. our wasteful consumer behaviour, our excessive use of plastic/resources, global warming, pollution, our carbon footprint, transportation, toxins in our environment and/or food chain, sweatshops and unfair working conditions, the end of fossil fuels and renewable energies, meat production, epidemics or … whatever YOU consider important.
Your contribution …
- *can be a (short) story, a script, an excerpt from a “novel”, a diary entry, a newspaper article, a blog, an interview or whatever form of text you choose
- must contain at least one aspect of a (non-)sustainable lifestyle
- must be a typed document (.docx or .odt) and about 1-3 pages long
- must have been revised (by a person of your choice who is very good at written English) and corrected so that it can be published online without further editing
- must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 December 2016
Evaluation criteria (à all contributions will be rated by a student-teacher jury):
- on-topic relevance (are elements of a (non-) sustainable lifestyle covered?)
- idea (how interesting /funny/gripping is your text?)
- credibility (is the story believable?)
- comprehensibility (does it make sense? can it be understood by the reader?)
- structure/language/style (how smooth/elegant is your writing?)
Looking forward to receiving your creative output!